Research Blog: Music Video Conventions

 My song genre is hip hop. Conventions of hip hop include loud smooth upbeat tempo, melody, catchy chorus and an energetic and steady beat. These conventions are widely used in the hip hop industry. Although rap and hip hop are two different genres, they still closely favor each other. They have conventions such as an energetic and steady beat in common. Even though my song don't fall in the genre of rap I would still consider it to be apart of that category. For my particular song which is "Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande" it uses conventions such as melody, energetic and steady beat, and a nice loud upbeat tempo. Ariana drags these conventions all the way throughout the song, which in my opinion brings the whole song together. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog

Editing Blog- The finale !!

Storyboard for final task